There will be multiple road closures and changed traffic conditions will be in place for the inaugural Port Douglas Gran Fondo cycling event this weekend.
Areas of Port Douglas and the Captain Cook Highway to Palm Cove will be affected.
Queensland Police and Traffic Controllers will be manning closed roads.
Changed traffic conditions include:
Saturday, September 10:
– Wharf Street between Port Street and Grant Street – 10.30am-8pm
– Grant Street between Wharf Street and Mowbray Street – 10.30am-6pm
– Mowbray Street between Grant Street and Mudlow Street – 10.30am-6pm
– Mudlow Street between Mowbray Street and Port Street – 10.30am-6pm
Sunday, September 11 – Port Douglas to Palm Cove
– Wharf Street between Spinnaker Close and Inlet Street – 5am-2.30pm
– Wharf Street between Inlet Street and Macrossan Street – 6.15am-6.45am
– Old Port Road between Port Douglas Road and Captain Cook Highway – 6.15am-7.15am
– Captain Cook Highway between Port Douglas Road and Palm Cove Boulevard – 6am-1.30pm
– Captain Cook Highway between Palm Cove Boulevard and Wangetti Beach Road – 5.30am-11.30am
– Captain Cook Highway between Wangetti Beach Road and Port Douglas Road – 6am-1.30pm
– Mowbray River Road between Captain Cook Highway and Spring Creek Road – 6am-1.30pm
– Trezise Road between Captain Cook Highway and Spring Creek Road – 6am-1.30pm
– Williams Esplanade between Cedar Road and Veivers Road – 6am-10.30am