Federal budget 2021-22
Today I spoke to Warren Entsch, Member for Leichhardt, about Tuesday night's hotly-anticipated Federal budget. Listen below to our discussion.
Tomorrow night Treasurer Josh Frydenberg will deliver the federal budget at 7:30 pm AEST. You will find out how exactly the Australian government is going to spend your money over the next four years. One highlight for Far North Queensland is the $240 million investment for the Cairns Western Arterial Road Duplication.
Other Key projects to be funded include:
- $400 million for the Inland Freight Route (Mungindi to Charters Towers) Upgrades
- An additional $400 million for Bruce Highway Upgrades
- $178.1 million for the Gold Coast Rail Line Capacity Improvement (Kuraby to Beenleigh) – Preconstruction
- $160 million for the Mooloolah River Interchange Upgrade (Packages 1 and 2)
- An additional $126.6 million for Gold Coast Light Rail – Stage 3
- $35.3 million for the Maryborough-Hervey Bay Road and Pialba-Burrum Heads Road Intersection Upgrade; and
- $10 million for the Caboolture – Bribie Island Road (Hickey Road-King John Creek) Upgrade