An Emergency Kit is an important step to prepare, survive and recover from an emergency and in that kit, you should have the following:
• 10 litres of water per person (fill up the bath and buckets with clean water)
• Non-perishable food for 3 days
• A First Aid Kit and manual
• Essential medications and prescriptions
• A torch
• Battery powered radio
• Waterproof jackets and closed shoes for everyone
• As well as a whistle, utility knife, masking tape and plastic garbage bags
If a Cyclone is approaching do the following:
• Tape up your windows with wide, tape in a criss-cross pattern
• Take in any loose items like garden furniture and toys
• Disconnect all electrical appliances and external TV and radio aerials
• Park any vehicles under cover, away from trees, powerlines and waterways.
• Go to the strongest part of your house – normally the smallest room with the least windows and stay listening to your radio.
What is the main focus / call to action of the design?:
The main focus is to give tips and advice as well as emergency contacts for cyclone season.